TERMS AND CONDITIONS
South Burnett Times – Anzac Day Competition
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be Australian residents who reside within the South Burnett Times distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants who are aged under 18 years must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, then these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is South Burnett Times Pty Ltd, 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy Queensland 4610,
- ABN 13 009 710 098
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in the South Burnett Times on Friday April 22, 2016 and Tuesday April 26, 2016.
- Entry forms must be original.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The contestant must place their fully completed entry form into an envelope marked South Burnett Times – Anzac Day Competition; then
- Deliver or send to: 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy Qld
- Entries must be received within the Promotion period.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, but can win only one (1) prize.
- While entry is free, Contestants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering entries via office delivery or by post.
PRIZES: One winner will be chosen via random draw. The winner will receive:
- One (1) Superb 1916 – 2016 Sands of Gallipoli Limited Edition Medallion Set; and
- One (1) copy of The 1916 Great War Diary with Binder and inserts 1 and 2.
- The Prize must be collected no later than 5:00pm Friday May 20, 2016 (redraw clause 23, 24).
- Retail value of the prize is $311.00 (inclusive of GST).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $311.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Friday April 22, 2016 and closes at 11:00am Thursday May 5, 2016 (“Promotion period”). Entries received after the Promotion Period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected via a random draw at the South Burnett Times office, 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy at 12:00pm on Thursday May 5, 2016.
- The prize will be awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be published in the South Burnett Times on Friday May 6, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after Friday May 20, 2016 will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw.
- The redraw will take place at the South Burnett Times office, 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy at 10am Monday May 23, 2016 with a winner drawn randomly. The winner will be notified immediately after the redraw by telephone.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from the South Burnett Times office and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Contestants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian and have the parent/legal guardian collect the prize on their behalf.
- All prizes must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days notification will be entered back into a redraw at the Dalby Herald office with details as for the original draw.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
29. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
30. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
31. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
32. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
33. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
34. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
36. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion