TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Central & North Burnett Times - Monto Buy Local Competition
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be Australian residents who reside within the Central & North Burnett Times newspaper distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants who are aged under 18 years must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, then these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- The Promoter is South Burnett Times Pty Ltd, 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy Qld, ABN 13 009 710 098.
- To enter, Contestants must make a purchase of $20 or more from any participating Buy Local business at the prevailing market value and collect the entry form.
- Entry forms must be original.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The contestant must place their fully completed entry form into an envelope marked Central & North Burnett Times – Monto Buy Local Competition; then
- Deliver or post to: 1/17 Newton Street, Monto Qld.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion period.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, but can win only one (1) prize.
- Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering entries via office delivery or by post.
- Receipts from partial lay-bys, bill payments such the payment of credit card bills, gift card purchases, bank transactions, bank fees and charges and service bills (such as gas, electricity, rates and phone bills, etc.) are not accepted as part of this Promotion.
- Monto Pharmacy
- Ross Chalmers Electrical Pty Ltd (Leading Appliances)
- Millers Gourmet Meats Monto
- Heilbronn's Mensland
- DJ & LE Zieth (DJ’s Steel)
- Monto IGA Supermarket
- Monto News & Travel
- Monto Mitre 10
PRIZES: Winners will be selected via random draw and will receive the following in this order.
- 1st Prize: Gift vouchers to use at the participating retailers listed above for $270.00 (inclusive of GST).
- 2nd Prize: Gift vouchers to use at the participating retailers for $230.00 (inclusive of GST).
- Winners must collect their prize no later than June 15, 2016.
- Gift vouchers expire on Sunday July 31, 2016.
- The total maximum retail value of this prize is $500.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Thursday May 5, 2016 and closes at 10:00am Wednesday June 1, 2016 (“Promotion period”). Entries received after the Promotion Period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected via a random draw at the Central North Burnett Times office, 1/17 Newton Street, Monto Qld at 10:15am Wednesday June 1, 2016.
- The prize will be awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be published in the Central and North Burnett Times on Thursday June 2, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Winners must collect their prize no later than June 15, 2016.
- Prizes that remain uncollected will be entered back into a uncollected prize redraw at 10:15am Wednesday June 15, 2016 at the Central and North Burnett Times, 1/17 Newton Street, Monto Qld. Winners will be selected by random draw. Prize winners will be notified by telephone.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from the Central and North Burnett Times office, Monto and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be collected no later than 5:00pm Monday June 13, 2016 to avoid expiry of vouchers at 5:00pm Sunday July 31, 2016.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
27. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
28. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
29. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
30. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
31. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
32. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
34. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.