Conspiracy story not enough to save man's parole

A SERIAL road pest who peddled a conspiracy theory against a Grafton parole officer has failed to convince a Sydney judge that he was wrongly jailed.

Peter Blanch had recently been released on a range of driving offences when his parole was revoked late last year.

He launched legal action in the NSW Supreme Court on the grounds Grafton Corrective Services officer Dale Byrne had "lied" during a hearing before the parole board in November.

Representing himself, Blanch claimed he had never admitted that he had driven a car on a number of occasions despite being unlicensed.

It was also pointed out that Mr Byrne was a colleague of the Lismore parole officer who was tasked with supervising Blanch following his release in August.

Blanch then argued that there was no evidence that he had not been residing at the address which he had listed with the court upon his release from jail.

Mr Byrne had told the board that on October 23, he had received a call from woman - Peta Newman - who lived at the home, which suggested otherwise.

A police check revealed officers had been called to the home the day before to respond to a domestic argument.

Blanch insisted Mr Byrne had told a "lie" to the board but the court heard Ms Newman had never backed his story and all attempts to contact her had been "to no avail".

Justice Fullerton stopped short of finding the case was an abuse of the court's time but said he was satisfied the facts did not meet the requirements needed to challenge the parole revocation.

The application was dismissed.

Elderly woman, 75, attacked by dog on morning walk

Premium Content Elderly woman, 75, attacked by dog on morning walk

“I started screaming go back inside and even yelled for help..."

How to activate your free Courier Mail subscription

Premium Content How to activate your free Courier Mail subscription

Did you know you can get even more – for free?

UPDATE: Woman dies after horror crash

Premium Content UPDATE: Woman dies after horror crash

A young woman has tragically died following a serious crash