A sigh of relief as Bureau’s predictions deliver
FARMERS sat with bated breath ahead of the promised rain on Saturday evening with a feeling of disappointment starting to creep in.
But overnight the skies opened up, making good on the Bureau's prediction of 25-50mm.
Kingaroy's weather station recorded 29.6mm over the weekend.
Some areas fared better with reports of up to 45mm in Maidenwell and 56mm at Booie.
Livestock agent and farmer James Bredhauer said while it wasn't a drought breaking rain event, the soaking would inject some confidence back into the agricultural sector.
"It's lifted spirits and some of the people in the most drought affected areas have had some relief."
In fact, our friends out at Mitchell have had the biggest drink in years.
The drought-stricken town, about 400km west of Kingaroy, has not seen decent rainfall for about three years.
But after 28mm yesterday and a sprinkling again this morning, on top of 20mm last Thursday, farmers at Mitchell have had some relief.
In just three days 53.6mm has fallen compared to just 0.4mm for July and 16.9mm in June.
How you fared:
- Sharon Haim: 41 mm @ Booie
- Margie Lee-Madigan: 23mm "Broadmere' Nanango (Barkers Creek north Nanango)
- Neil van Ek: A grand total of 45mm out at Maidenwell
- Tracey Schloss: 31 at Coolabunia.
- Margaret Bradford: We had 36mm at west wooroolin
- Vale View Droughtmasters: 25mm at Manumbar
- Pam Beazleigh-Smith: 35.5 on the Palms Road, Cooyar!
- Amanda Jensen: 38mm top tessmans road
- Lyn Tones: 32 mm Kumbia
- Lee Mansfield 31mm just west of Nanango.
- Trish Goessing: 30mm near Taabinga School
- Nanna Dot: 29 at Taabinga Village
- Naomi Brooker: 35 nanango
- Traceyanne Adamson: 34mm in kumbia
- Corie Kristie: 23mm in Blackbutt
- Gaven Emirali: I got 56mm near Booie. If it wasnt for that heavy stuff late last night it would have been a different story.
- Amavale Droughtmasters: 23mm Barambah
- Peter Orlich: 23 yarraman.
- Michelle Meagher: Total of 39.5 at Booie
- Chloe Jarman: I got 33 out taabinga area
- Glenda Evans: 39mm Memerambi
- Jenniel Neilen: Blackbutt north 22mm 3pm to 9am this morning
- Jean Mueller: I ended up with 32 mm in Manyung.
- Deborah New: 27 nanango
- Jo Matheson: total of 40 in East Nanango since the rain started
- Geoff Elsworth: 40mm at Inverlaw.
- Louise Weber: 34mm west of kingaroy
- Barbara Brown: 44mls in Wooroolin
- Sunshine Coast Weather: 23mm in total for this rain event Murgon (Squid)
- Susie Woltmann: Jarrah Street, Kingaroy, 30mls of beautiful rain. Thank you
- Donna Hood: Moondooner 31mm
- Courtney Rye: 24 mls out at brooklands since yesterday morning
- Jan Woods: 30mm at Ellesmere
- Stacy Needer: 33
- Raylene Hyde: 36ml from 9am yesterday to this morning. Heights Rd Nanango.
- Toni Murtagh: 28mls in Proston
- Lynne Walters: 42 ml at our place, just out of Nanango
- Natasha Monk: 29mm 13kms from Proston. And parents got 110mm in Maryborough
- Alison Shields: 35 in kingers, up near Orana.