THEY'RE usually famous for their foreign food and discount supplies but Aldi are releasing a new range of products perfect to escape the scorching Aussie heat.
Come this weekend the German supermarket giants will sell inflatable stand up paddle boards and surfboards.
Priced at $299 Aldi's version of the paddle board are significantly lower than the usual $1000+ prices.
But not everyone is happy with the heavy discounts, with local surfboard retailers declaring it another pressure on the industry.
Aldi's surfboards start at $49, snorkel and flipper sets for $24.99 as well as a range of adults and kids' swimwear.
Surfboards starting prices vary between the $200 to the $600 mark.
Aldi's stand up paddle board description
- 2 moulded side fins and 1 removable middle fin for directional stability
- Drop stitch material provides unparalleled strength and durability
- Quick inflation/deflation air valve
- Non-slip traction pad
- Adjustable aluminium oar
- Convenient deck handle to easily pick up and carry
- Weight capacity: 1 adult/100kg
- Includes: hand pump with pressure gauge, detachable seat with backrest and travel bag
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.