EMERGENCY services were called to a Glenvale home after reports that a child had started a fire in a bedroom cupboard. 

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the crews arrived at the Balonne Rd address about 8pm. 

"The fire was extinguished upon arrival," she said. 

"We ventilated the area and made the scene safe."  

Paramedics transported a 49-year-old man to the Toowoomba Hospital with minor burns on his hand. 

They also treated five people for smoke inhalation. 


Cancer stats reveal harrowing truth for South Burnett

Premium Content Cancer stats reveal harrowing truth for South Burnett

YOU‘RE 15 per cent more likely to die of cancer in the South Burnett. Holly Cormack...

CRIME WRAP: 9 to face court after busy week for Burnett cops

Premium Content CRIME WRAP: 9 to face court after busy week for Burnett cops

From drink driving to stealing, this is everything police from Murgon, Cherbourg...

South Burnett police raid three properties, find drugs

Premium Content South Burnett police raid three properties, find drugs

Three people have been charged with drug offences following a series of raids by...