Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.


Local photographer snaps ‘extremely rare’ bee wee photo

Premium Content Local photographer snaps ‘extremely rare’ bee wee photo

This is something you're not going to see a bee doing

‘When I kill her, you’re next’: Woman suffocated with pillow

Premium Content ‘When I kill her, you’re next’: Woman suffocated with pillow

Woman was found “curled in a ball shaking”, hidden under tablecloth

How Olympics could slip through our fingers

Premium Content How Olympics could slip through our fingers

“Our battle-worn state needs the job bonanza that would come."