Dreamworld boss to donate bonus to charity
THE CEO of the company which owns Dreamworld will donate a $167,500 cash bonus she was granted today to charity.
Former Women's Weekly editor Deborah Thomas reportedly made the decision this evening after she came under attack for claiming her company had reached out to the families of those killed in Tuesday's tragedy.
"I have been deeply affected and saddened by the tragic deaths of Kate Goodchild, Luke Dorsett, Roozbeh Araghi, and Cindy Low at Dreamworld on Tuesday, in particular the impact of this incident on their children and families,'' she said in a statement released to News Corp.
"I will be making a personal donation of $167,500, which comprises my entire cash bonus, to the Australian Red Cross via the Dreamworld memorial day event.
"Red Cross will ensure 100 per cent is directed to support people affected by this tragic event."
This morning Ms Thomas was at the company's annual general meeting with shareholders in Sydney when she said her company had made contact with victim's families.
"We've reached out to the families and we've finally made contact with the Dorsett family and we are talking with them today," the former Woman's Weekly Editor said.
"We're doing this through the police liaison officer and we have offered and will give them every assistance that we can and what they require during this difficult time.
"I hope I get a chance to talk to them… I will give them my sympathies and condolences and the children."
Ms Thomas was then told the Dorsett family were actually watching the press conference and were furious at nay suggestion they had been offered support.