Farr Home’s doors have closed

FARR Home has closed.

The last resident at the aged care facility left on Monday.

The Darling Downs Hospital and Health Service, which runs the home, said remaining staff at the facility would be provided with upskilling training and offered other positions within the health sector.

South Burnett cluster operations manager Peta Rutherford said the service had worked closely with residents and families to find new homes.

"Many of the residents are remaining in the South Burnett area, while one has made the journey to New South Wales to be closer to his family," she said.

"The transition has moved much faster than was originally planned, but many advised they wanted to be secure in their future arrangements."

It was announced in November last year Farr Home would close in September 2014 because the facility would no longer adhere to fire safety regulations.

Ms Rutherford said the staff looked forward to celebrating the history of the facility and talking to residents and families about their future plans.

She said a special occasion was needed to bid the nursing home a fond farewell.

Staff, residents and family are invited to celebrate the memories at Farr Home at a morning tea on March 28.

"Farr Home has been an aged care facility where many South Burnett families have felt secure in allowing the staff to care for their loved ones," she said.

All former residents, their families and former staff members are invited to attend the morning tea.

Call 41629150 to RSVP by March 19.

South Burnett

South Burnett Council release draft five year corporate plan

Premium Content South Burnett Council release draft five year corporate plan

The South Burnett Regional Council have released their draft corporate plan, which...

True cost of an education in Qld revealed

Premium Content True cost of an education in Qld revealed

Private, public, independent: Full breakdown of Aus education costs

Patient zero to heroes: Our first year of COVID-19

Premium Content Patient zero to heroes: Our first year of COVID-19

Coronavirus Qld: One year on from start of pandemic