Fire at Kingaroy Shoppingworld
A FLUORESCENT light burning out caused hundreds of people to be evacuated from Kingaroy Shoppingworld.
Shoppers and employees were evacuated after a small electrical fire started in the ceiling outside Thorp's Showcase.
Employee Charlotte From said she saw fire and smoke coming from a light socket.
"There was only a little fire and smoke," she said.
"And the air vents were making a noise and I could smell smoke."
Rockman's employee Darhnell Barbeler said everyone was evacuated from the shopping centre about 2.10pm.
"We don't know what happened. The evacuation siren went off and the fire truck came around," she said.
"For the first part of the alarm most people just kept doing what they were doing, but then staff started getting people out."
Centre manager Karen Dennis said everyone was evacuated in three minutes.
"The fire system kicked in and it works really well," she said.
"(An evacuation) is a rare occurence. No one was hurt.
"There was a small inconvenience to shoppers but a small price to pay for safety."