The girl’s grandmother told the doctor that they found her granddaughter unconscious, lying on the floor
The girl’s grandmother told the doctor that they found her granddaughter unconscious, lying on the floor

Teen dies after headphones ‘melt in her ears’

A TRAGIC event has seen a student electrocuted while using her charging mobile phone as the headphones 'melted in her ears'.

Luiza Pinheiro, from Riacho Frio in Brazil, was rushed to hospital but doctors were unable to save her life, reports The Sun.

A relative found the 17-year-old's lifeless body on the floor of her home at about 5pm on Sunday afternoon.

They said she was unconscious and her phone, which was plugged into a charger, had been destroyed by a "huge electric charge". It has not yet been established exactly how the teenager was electrocuted.

Luiza Pinheiro of Brazil died after headphones melted in her ears.
Luiza Pinheiro of Brazil died after headphones melted in her ears.

A hospital spokesman told local media: "The girl's grandmother told the doctor that they found her granddaughter unconscious, lying on the floor and with headphones in her ears.

"They said they believe that the young woman had an electric shock because the cell phone was charging and the phone was melted."

He added: "It is stated in the medical record that the girl was admitted to the hospital one hour after the electric shock.

"The relatives said that the girl had received a shock, but the causes of death will still be confirmed."

It was not raining at the time of the accident but there was a lightning storm, he said.

This story first appeared on The Sun.


5 sheds gone, 4 towns under threat in Woolooga disaster

5 sheds gone, 4 towns under threat in Woolooga disaster

Woolooga fire heading for Miva, Theebine, Scotchy Pocket and Gunalda

DOGS FOR SALE: Heartless scammer targets Goomeri

DOGS FOR SALE: Heartless scammer targets Goomeri

If you have information for police, contact Policelink.

Unusual visitor gets mooving and enjoys the sights

Unusual visitor gets mooving and enjoys the sights

Surprising visitor finds out if the grass really is greener.

Local Partners