Grill sets off smoke alarm, evacuates Shoppingworld
CAFE goers at Kingaroy Shoppingworld had their Sunday morning brunch interrupted when a Gloria Jeans grill sparked a fire scare.
Gloria Jeans employee Nellie Blee said Kingaroy Shoppingworld was evacuated and fire services attended the scene.
"If our grill gets left on and there's nothing in it, it gets red hot and smoke accumulates," she said.
"Because the air-conditioner isn't on over the weekend, there's no constant airflow, so it's easy for the smoke alarm to be set off."
No one was hurt and no damage was reported during the incident.