Hastie exit 'completely mismanaged'

A DRAFT report into the collapse of the Hastie Group's Middle East operations says a proposal made last year for a "managed wind-down" was ignored.

According to the report, the accounting firm Deloitte recommended a "controlled closure", and warned that employee dismissal issues needed to be considered.

The review - conducted by remaining Hastie managers on the ground - slams the Hastie board for mishandling the company's exit which has left a thousand local labouring staff without entitlements.

The executive summary obtained by AM reveals that Hastie appointed Deloitte to provide proposals on reducing its exposure in the Middle East well before the group's 44 companies collapsed in May.

Deloitte told the Hastie board on August 17 last year that there was an opportunity to exit the Middle East and to ensure employee matters were handled appropriately.

Read the full report at ABC news online.


‘Pinkenba Six’ victim’s burglary spree while on ‘ice bender’

Premium Content ‘Pinkenba Six’ victim’s burglary spree while on ‘ice bender’

Aaron Carlo: Pinkenba Six victim jailed for spate of burglaries

DON'T MISS OUT: Activate your bonus for big rewards

DON'T MISS OUT: Activate your bonus for big rewards

Did you know you can get even more – for free?

Former cricket star to launch 2021 Relay for Life Campaign

Premium Content Former cricket star to launch 2021 Relay for Life Campaign

The South Burnett Relay for Life 2021 campaign is set to launch this week with the...