Headphones took off with a bang

A WOMAN on a Melbourne-bound flight has suffered burns after the battery-operated headphones she was wearing exploded and caught fire. The passenger was listening to music and napping on a recent flight from Beijing to Melbourne when about two hours into the journey the headphones caught fire and an apparent explosion jolted her from her slumber. The Australian Transport Safety Bureau has not disclosed the name of the woman but has released images of her injuries to highlight the issue of lithium batteries on flights.


School's out: How teachers spend their holidays

School's out: How teachers spend their holidays

What do our school teachers in the holidays?

Real estate in talks to bring major retailers to Kingaroy

Real estate in talks to bring major retailers to Kingaroy

'We expect commitment from major commercials in the next 24 months.'

Push to name part of town after Nanango couple

Push to name part of town after Nanango couple

The council will open it up to public consultation.

Local Partners