Jacobs drives into form in Kingaroy's Peanut Harvest Week
A COMBINATION of good and bad shots helped Darryl Jacobs play one of his best rounds in months.
"I finished on a 69 nett so two under my handicap," Jacobs said.
"Sixty-nine is a good number."
Jacobs made the most of the favourable conditions last Wednesday afternoon to beat his handicap of 26.
He said he did not play any special shots or have any memorable holes but just played a steady round in the 18-hole stroke.
"You have some good shots and some bad shots, that's how you end up with a big handicap," he said.
Jacobs had a busy week of golf at the annual Kingaroy Peanut Harvest Week which finished on Saturday with a mixed 4BBB stableford round.
"I played Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday," he said.
He took a break from the golf on Thursday "to spend time with the wife".
Jacobs moved to Kingaroy about six months ago from Rubyvale, near Emerald.
"There was no golf course there so I had 20 years off," he said.
With the nearest course more than 60km away, it was too far to travel on a regular basis. Since Jacobs moved to Kingaroy, he has picked up the sport again and plays on a weekly basis.
Veteran 36-hole 4BBB stroke
- Gross winner: Royce Bell and Tim Robe 151
- Nett winner: Ken Bartlett and Don Hamilton 126
- Gross runners-up: Ron Drabsch and Garry Kassulke 153
- Nett runners-up Steve Oliphant and Mike Padgett 128
- Women's gross winner: Kerry Gallagher and Sue Pottle 162
- Women's nett winner: Jan Edwards and Carol Thompson 139
- Women's gross runners-up: Aileen Bartlett and Margaret Hamilton 169
- Women's nett runners-up: Penny Kent and Pam Thompson 140
- Women's winners: Joy Cavanough and Jane Franklin 67 ½ CB
- Women's runners-up: Cassie Kelly and Barb Drury 67 ½ CB
- Men's winners: John and Carl van Schyndel 57 ¾
- Men's runners-up: Tim Robe and Steve Fuller 60