JUNIOR SPORT STAR: Jamie is sprinting to success
THE South Burnett has an abundance of sporting stars.
From strong and agile footballers, to skilled tennis and netball stars, our region is brimming with loads of future sporting idols.
Every week, we feature an up-and-coming, talented young athlete who is leading the way in their sport.
This week we showcase the skills of 10-year-old touch football player from Murgon, Jamie Williamson.
1. How long have you been playing your sport?
I have been playing touch for about six months.
2. What do you enjoy about it?
I really enjoy playing with my teammates and having fun.
3. Who is your favourite professional sportsperson?
I love J.T (Jonathan Thurston). He is a good role model.
4. What is your proudest sporting achievement so far?
When I made the Wide Bay team for 100m sprints.
5. What is your sporting dream?
My goal is to play rugby league for Queensland.
If you know a South Burnett junior sports star who we should talk to, call 4162 9701 or email email@example.com.