Kumbia receives nearly $25,000 from wind farm
AGL Coopers Gap wind farm has been acknowledged by the Kumbia community for the multiple grants totalling nearly $25,000 provided to organisations within the South Burnett town.
South Burnett Regional councillor, Ros Heit thanked AGL Coopers Gap wind farm for the support they have given Kumbia in the first three rounds of their community grants.
"For a small community this support of our ageing facilities and groups has been much appreciated and we look forward to working together into the future for our mutual benefit,” Cr Heit said.
AGL's Community Fund forms part of their commitment to support the communities where they have project activities.
According to AGL's website, they are committed to building and maintaining strong relationships throughout the community.
"Through our involvement in local community initiatives, projects and events, AGL aims to deliver community wide benefits, encourage innovation and support for issues of community significance.”
Details of grants received by Kumbia:
- Kumbia Tennis Assocation (new kitchen benches) $3250.
- Kumbia Race Club (race day horse tie up stalls) $3300
- Kumbia and District Memorial School of Arts Inc. (Christmas Carnival) $1500
- Kumbia Kindergarten (defibrillator) $1995
- Kumbia State School P&C Association (digital sign) $3300
- Kumbia Hall (kitchen upgrade) $5500
- Kumbia Christmas festival 2017 (Bucking Bull ride) $1000
- Kumbia Kindergarten (lawnmower) $1100
- Kumbia QCWA (flooring) $3900