A MAN convicted over the gang rape of a 16-year-old girl at a party two years ago said it was "like throwing a piece of meat to a pack of wolves," a Sydney court has heard.
Tristan Carlyle-Watson, 27, also boasted he'd left the teenager naked in a park after the attack, crown prosecutor Sharon Harris said at his sentence hearing at a District Court in Sydney on Friday.
Ms Harris was outlining a series of Facebook messages between Carlyle-Watson and the host of the male-only house party in St Clair where a group of men sexually assaulted the teenage girl. A supporter abruptly left the courtroom, saying "bloody liar".
In August a jury found Carlyle-Watson guilty of one count of aggravated sexual assault in company. Co-offenders Andrew Waters, 25, and Kurt Stevenson, 26, were each found guilty of multiple counts.
The trial heard police uncovered a 17-minute-long GoPro video of the gang rape while investigating another offence.
The victim, who has a mild intellectual disability and the verbal skills of an eight-and-a-half-year-old, has no memory of the 2015 attack and hasn't seen the footage.
Carlyle-Watson's lawyer Paul Glissan on Friday told the court words coming from the victim, as heard in the video, "could be interpreted as words of consent".
Waters also continues to claims the victim consented to the sex acts.
"If I thought at any stage it wasn't consenting it wouldn't have happened," he said on Friday.
But the former apprentice locksmith told the court he's willing to do programs in prison that address sexual offending.
His lawyer Peter Little said Waters had not been aware the victim was "vulnerable".
"It would have been apparent she was young and there by herself wouldn't it?" Judge Sharron Norton said.
Former apprentice panel beater Stevenson told the court he had completed a barista course and racked up two misconduct charges during his two years behind bars.
The first was over an alleged fight in the prison yard where Carlyle-Watson was having an argument with another inmate.
"The guy called Tristan a rapist or something along those lines," Stevenson said on Friday.
He said the man ran at Carlyle-Watson and was beating him up, so he jumped in to help.
The second misconduct charge was for allegedly being caught with a drug in his cell that he shared with another inmate.
Earlier this month Ayden Devereux, who filmed the attack, was jailed for at least five years.
The hearing is scheduled to resume next month.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.