New operator looking at private hospital
A PRIVATE operator will be coming to Kingaroy next week to discuss the possibility of taking over the South Burnett Private Hospital.
Mayor Wayne Kratzmann said he had been in discussions with other private health operators in the last few days.
"We'll have one of those providers travelling up on Monday," Cr Kratzmann said.
He said he also planned to discuss the issue with the Queensland Health Minister, Cameron Dick.
The announcement of the hospital closure had taken the mayor by surprise and he said he was doing everything he could to try and keep the doors open.
"It's going to be an uphill battle to ever get it open again once it closes down," he said.