Mobile Centrelink office rolling into the Burnett
MOBILE government support services are rolling into the South Burnett this month.
Golden Wattle is a mobile service centre offering residents easy access to Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support services.
The 20-tonne truck is operated by staff from the Department of Human Services, providing rural Australians with friendly face-to-face service and tailored support.
Staff can assist residents with Centrelink claims, Medicare registrations and accessing online services.
A departmental social worker will also be on board to help people in crisis and can refer them to services including counsellors and legal advice.
Information about Department of Veterans' Affairs programs and support services will also be available.
The Golden Wattle government services truck will be in Nanango on Wednesday, January 16, from 9am-4pm, located adjacent to the courthouse in Henry St.
It will then be in Proston on Friday, January 25, from 9.30am-3pm, located opposite the library in Blake St.
The mobile support services truck will then travel to the following towns:
- Biggenden on Thursday, January 17, from 10am-4pm, located opposite the Commercial Hotel/Motel, Victoria St.
- Gin Gin on Monday, January 21, from 9.30am-3pm, located opposite the Ambulance Station, Mulgrave St.
- Monto on Tuesday, January 22, from 9am-3pm, located near the Community Hall, Rutherford St.
- Gayndah on Wednesday, January 23, from 9am-4pm, located in front of the Town Hall, Capper St.
- Chinchilla on Tuesday, January 29, from 10am-4pm, located at the Cultural Centre carpark, Middle St.
- Miles on Wednesday, January 30, from 9.30am-3.30pm, located adjacent to the BP, Dawson St.
- Roma on Thursday, January 31, from 9am-4pm, located opposite the Department of Transport & Main Roads, Gregory St.
For more information contact 13 23 16.