Menu
News

Mother 'attacked' at Warwick primary school

A fridge and ride-on lawn mower battery were stolen from a Strathdickie shed.
A fridge and ride-on lawn mower battery were stolen from a Strathdickie shed. Contributed

A WARWICK father will face court on Tuesday after allegedly attacking another parent outside Glennie Heights State School.

The mother was picking up her own child from the school just after 3pm on Tuesday when the 42-year- old man reportedly drove past, stopped his car and approached the mother and child.

Police allege he yelled and swore at the 35-year-old woman, shoved her and kicked her car before police were called.

Warwick police officer-in- charge Jamie Deacon said the two parents were not previously known to each other.

"We understand the kids knew each other, and there had been an incident between them," Senior Sergeant Deacon said.

"We don't know when that incident occurred but the father had confronted her."

The man has been charged with assault, wilful damage and public nuisance.

Snr Sgt Deacon said this was not a common incident in the Rose City community.

"There is always the potential for some conflict between kids but for that to happen between parents and outside of a school is unacceptable," he said.  

A spokesman for the Department of Education said they were aware of the incident and condemned any violence. 

"Like all Queensland state schools, Glennie Heights State Schools regards the safety and wellbeing of the entire school community as its highest priority," he said. 

"The school does not tolerate violence in any form and expects all members of the community to do their part in keeping Glennie Heights State School a safe environment.

"As the incident is under investigation by the Queensland Police Service no further comment can be provided." 
 

Topics:  crime warwick crime


Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Barbecues to help storm-affected farmers

RIPPED APART: Properties in the Kumbia area received significant damage in the Boxing Day storm.

First barbecue will be held on Sunday in Kumbia.

BACON BOOM: Council approves two piggery expansions

FILE PHOTO: South Burnett Regional Council has approved the expansion of two piggeries

South Burnett Regional council approved developments this week

Five things to do in the South Burnett this weekend

Rural Ambassadors Olivia Frahm and Kate Roberts and Miss Showgirl Amanda Praetz at the Proston Show March 11.

Plenty on across the region this weekend

Local Partners