Mum's warning about phone chargers left around children

*WARNING: Graphic images*

A MUM has taken to social media to warn other parents about leaving phone chargers lying around the house after her daughter was badly burnt.

Courtney Davis's 19-month-old daughter suffered an electrical burn to the corner of her mouth after sucking a phone charger cord.

"We went to the Dr who confirmed that it was an electrical burn there was nothing they could put on it due to her being able to lick it,'' Courtney wrote.

She shared photos of the progress of her daughter's burn, which looked to get worse in the days following the injury.

Miraculously, Courtney said her daughter hasn't acted like the injury bothers her. Source: Facebook.

Courtney explained that a busy day led to the cord slipping her mind.

"Any other day my charger wouldn't have been plugged up in her reach but bc of a bunch of stuff going on that day I didn't have time to move it.

Doctors were not able to give Courtney's daughter anything to help with the burn. Source: Facebook.
Doctors were not able to give Courtney's daughter anything to help with the burn. Source: Facebook.

"It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned. She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it. The one day it isn't moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn.''

Courtney said she only discovered how little other parents thought about the dangers of mobile phone cords after she told her own story on a parent's forum.

"So I wasn't going to post about this until I posted in a mom group and found out many parents don't think twice about the danger of a phone charger around children,'' she wrote.

"Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach. My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her.''

Topics:  burns parenting phone charger

News Corp Australia

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Jail for thief who drove stolen cars

A man has been jailed for his part in a car theft.

Cherbourg man jailed for role in car theft

MAP: Where Queen's Baton Relay will travel in Kingaroy

Retired cyclist Anna Meares, right, receives the Commonwealth Games relay baton from Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, left,  at the launch of the relay at Buckingham Palace in  London on Monday.  The XXI Commonwealth Games are  being held on the Gold Coast in Australia in 2018.

Find out more about celebrations when Baton comes to town

Local Partners