Mundine's protest over Green fight fizzles out
BOXING: Anthony Mundine's threat to appeal his points loss to Danny Green at Adelaide Oval last month has fizzled into nothing.
Frank Hadley, the Australian National Boxing Federation national secretary, said Mundine had not presented a formal protest despite his loud claims after the February 3 fight that he was robbed of the decision.
While Melbourne promoter Brian Amatruda had lodged a preliminary protest with the ANBF on Mundine's behalf, Hadley said Team Mundine had failed to present any formal application for an appeal.
Despite Mundine's condemnation of the judging, which gave Green a majority decision, an independent analysis of the fight by the highly respected American organisation CompuBox, used in most major international fights, showed Green had actually landed more punches in seven of the 10 rounds.