Orchestra targeted by thieves ahead of concert
NANANGO member Deb Frecklington has thrown her support behind the South Burnett Community Orchestra, following a recent break-in, resulting in the alleged theft of some of their musical equipment.
It was unfortunate the orchestra was targeted and the loss of the equipment had a significant impact on the group, she said.
"I was really disappointed to hear about the break-in and that so much equipment had been stolen from the Orchestra,” Ms Frecklington said.
The group lost everything from keyboards to speakers and other key equipment.
Senior Sergeant David Tierney said the alleged break in occurred between July 6 and 8.
Kingaroy police arrested a 42-year-old Durong man on July 11 for the break and enter offence.
His court appearance on July 12 was remanded and he is due to appear before Kingaroy Magistrates Court again on August 20.
Ms Frecklington made a donation to help the orchestra kick off a fundraising effort to get back on their feet.
"The Orchestra has been working hard for their Armistice Centenary Commemoration Gala Charity Dinner Concert on 10th November and without some of this equipment, it has been a real set back,” she said.
"At their 'Christmas at Cassis' event on Saturday 15th December, funds raised from this event will also help to 'beat the thief' and get the Orchestra back into full swing.”
South Burnett Community Orchestra president Jane Kennedy accepted the donation and explained how the alleged break-in had affected the group.
"We have so many events planned for the next few months, but we are working hard to try and make sure this equipment loss doesn't have any affect the quality of our performances,” Ms Kennedy said.
"It's made us more determined than ever and our 'beat the thief' event is a way of showing our determination to carry on.”
To help the orchestra with donations email email@example.com.