Provider interested in South Burnett Private Hospital
SOUTH Burnett Regional Council Mayor Wayne Kraztmann has met with a party interested in restarting South Burnett Private Hospital.
Cr Kratzmann was advised of an interested party last week, and met with the operators in Brisbane on Friday.
He has accepted the operators' offer to visit Kingaroy and tour the hospital facility in the near future.
Cr Kratzmann said the council would not make a decision on the hospital's future until further discussions had been held with the operators about their interest in running the hospital.
"It is certainly council's preferred option to have a major player in the health field to run the South Burnett Private Hospital," Cr Kratzmann said.
"Over the last six months I have been working to find a company to take over the management of the hospital. I refuse to give up, and while there is some interest I will continue to do everything I can to see it come to fruition."
The due diligence report from consultants Ernst & Young has also been received, and has been distributed to Councillors and senior staff for their perusal and input.
A council decision is now likely in January.