Performax International Toyota Tundra V8 upgraded for 2014
PERFORMAX International has upgraded its bullocking US-built Toyota Tundra V8 pick-up, with prices starting from $118,990.
The new 2014 edition Tundra, which has been converted to right-hand drive by the Gympie-based importer, has improved safety, comfort and convenience specifications.
It's now available in two trims, Platinum and the 1794 Edition.
Pushing the big frame is an aluminium 5.7 litre four-cam petrol V8 producing 284 kilowatts of power and 543 Newton metres of torque, mated to six-speed automatic transmission and on-demand four-wheel drive.
Towing capacity is 4.0 tonnes.
The interior has a new dash, improved instruments and steering wheel, along with a different centre console, plus luxury leather upholstery. The infotainment system now is able to convert smartphone text messages and emails to voice.
The 2014 Toyota Tundra is a significantly improved version of one of Performax International's most popular vehicles, says Performax general manager Glenn Soper.
"Individually, most of the changes except the dash and console are only incrememental, but together they amount to a pick-up that is better to drive, more comfortable and convenient and safer," he said.
"The Platinum version will suit any buyer looking for a smart pick-up, but the 1794 Edition has a little extra touch of country added to its styling for someone who wants something a bit special."
The 2014 Toyota Tundra joins the 2014 Dodge RAM and Chevrolet Silverado in the Performax International American pick-up range. The Ford F-250 will be available later this year.
• 5.7-litre aluminum i-FORCE V8, DOHC 32-valve with dual independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i), power 284kW @ 5600 rpm, torque 543 Nm @ 3600 rpm
• Six-speed automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)
• 4WDemand part-time 4WD
• Tow package
• Platinum or 1794 Edition badging
• 20-inch alloy wheels (unique designs for Platinum and 1794 Edition)
• Colour-keyed grille surround on Platinum, chrome on 1794 Edition)
• Colour-keyed bumpers
• Chrome heated auto-dimming and power folding mirrors
• LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
• Power tilt/slide moon-roof
• Urban-themed interior for Platinum, rural-themed for 1794 Edition
• Premium perforated black leather-trimmed seats for Platinum, tan leather for 1794 Edition
• Heated and ventilated front seats
• Power tilt/telescope steering wheel
• Memory system for seats, outside mirrors and steering wheel
• Brushed metal-style trim for Platinum, wood grain for 1794 Edition
• Electric rear cabin window
• Individual floor mat designs for Platinum and 1794 Edition)
• Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
• Tow mirrors
• Running boards