HOMES in the South Burnett remain without power following severe storms at the weekend.
About 50 customers in the Nanango region remained without power on Monday.
Some have been without power for more than 50 hours.
Ergon Energy spokesman Rod Rehbein said Ergon Energy crews were working to restore power to as many houses as possible by Monday.
Mr Rehbein said there were more than 20 fallen powerlines as a result of Saturday night's storm which had to be isolated from the Nanango substation before they could be re-energised.
"We are working through where it is safe to do so," he said.
"Ergon is confident of restoring power to all of these customers this afternoon where safe to do so," he said.
"Our crews are saying the damage around Nanango is consistent with tornado-like winds."
Parts of Blackbutt, Nanango and Yarraman had power outages for several hours after two storms hit on Friday and Saturday.
"The storm on Saturday evening resulted in damage to the main high-voltage line from Kingaroy to Nanango and Yarraman resulting in power supply to more than 5000 customers being interrupted," Mr Rehbein said.
Power had been restored to about 700 customers of Nanango by 9.25am Monday.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.