Q AND A: Counsellor reveals worst habit
THERE are so many truly remarkable people in the South Burnett.
Each and every one of us has a lifetime of achievements, thoughts, beliefs and lessons learned.
The Q&A feature is an opportunity to showcase some of the exceptional people in our proud region.
This week, we hear from retired South Burnett counsellor, Seren Lolanthe.
1. What is something you resent paying for?
I actually don't resent paying for anything, if it is appropriate for the need.
2. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Love one another, that is all there is. Some of the spiritual understandings I read have come through in that.
3. What do you do to relax?
I sit under my tree outside and have a cup of tea and listen and watch the birds. I am usually in quiet contemplation. I usually try to do that on a daily basis.
4. What is one thing you would struggle to quit?
Ice cream. I am totally addicted to it. I can eat one litre of ice cream in one go. It's the same with chocolate, I can never just have two squares, it's always the whole block.
5. What do you wish you knew when you were younger?
Embrace life. Life throws you all kinds of curve balls. But it doesn't matter what life gives you, you can use it to better your life.
6. What is the worst injury you've had and how did it happen?
When I was about 14 I had a horse that didn't like the saddle being put on it. It jumped up and landed on my toe and broke my toe.
7. What would your friends say is your worst habit?
Over explaining. I say things over and over. I guess I get passionate about things, so I tend to repeat things I am passionate about.
8. What's the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
It was the universe giving me my partner. He is the most exceptional, caring, loving human being I have ever met. He accepts me unconditionally.
9. If you could write a new law what would it be?
I am very passionate about increasing the Centrelink payments and the aged pension entitlement not being shifted to over 65s.
10. What do you do when you have 30 minutes free?
I will either sit and do a bit of sewing, a bit of writing or a bit of something else creative.