THE beauty of Hamilton's Island's qualia resort was acknowledged recently, as two more honours were bestowed on the luxury destination.
AT the second annual Australian Traveller Readers' Choice Awards, qualia was named the Best Resort in Australia.
It also made it into HotelsCombined's inaugural list of Top 10 Hotels for 2012, which is quite an accolade for a group with more than 350,000 hotels in its global database.
Michael Shah, qualia's general manager welcomed the acknowledgements.
"We have had an incredibly successful year at qualia, and it's immensely rewarding for the Oatley family and all our staff to receive these esteemed accolades, particularly those voted personally by our guests," Mr Shah said.
These are the sole consumer awards for tourism in Australia, with over 1000 Australian Traveller magazine readers nominating their favourite travel destinations and experiences throughout the country.
The acknowledgements come less than two months after qualia was named the Best in the World and Best Resort in the Oceania region in international readers' choice awards, the 2012 Condé Nast Traveller Readers' Choice Awards.
If you want to know more go to qualia.com.au.
- UK Condé Nast Traveller Gold List - Best for Leisure Facilities
- WISH Magazine's Travel Top 50 - Best Australian Hotel
- 2012 Hotel Management Awards: Best Resort, Best Spa and Best Hotel Chef
- Luxury Travel magazine Gold List - Best Australian Boutique Property, Villa or Lodge
- Australian Gourmet Traveller Magazine - Best Spa and Best Australian Island Resort
- TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice List 2012
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.