REGION'S ROAD UPDATE: When and where roadwork is on the go
COMPLIMENTS have been overriding the complaints about roads to the South Burnett Regional Council.
This is according to the council's roads portfolio holder Councillor Gavin Jones who said roadwork across the region had been a huge focus for council workers throughout the past year.
Cr Jones said it was important for residents to remember the council did not have responsibility for all South Burnett roads.
Some roads are the State Government's responsibility.
Region's road update
- Project construction is expected to restart on Niagara Rd at Boyneside following the completion of Byee Rd upgrade work.
- The final colouring for the footpath upgrade in the Murgon CBD is expected to be finished this month.
- Work has started on replacing a bridge on Stonelands Rd.
- Gravel resheeting, shoulder grade and heavy formation grade work has started on 11 roads throughout the South Burnett. These include Boonenne Ellesmere Rd, Redvale Rd, McKenzies Rd, Basin Rd, Kearneys Rd, Kingaroy-Cooyar Rd, Kingaroy-Barkers Creek Rd, Bunya Mountains Rd, Farmers Rd, Gayndah Hivesville Rd and Mondure Crossing Rd.
- A selection of patrol grading is scheduled to be completed during August, September and October. More than 100 roads are scheduled for these works including towns such as Alice Creek, Ballogie, Benair, Chahpingah, Coverty, Dangore, Durong, Ellesmere, Goodger, Goronbrook, Haly Creek, Inverlaw, Kingaroy, Kumbia, Maidenwell, Mannuem, Taabinga and Wengenville.
- The slashing program is expected to start up again in late September, depending on weather conditions.
South Burnett Times readers recently voted for the region's worst road. Find out which road came out on top here.