Residents left scratching after questionable water supply
RESIDENTS in the Eidsvold shire were left itching and scratching last month, due to the town's water supply.
In the week leading up to September 10, several locals complained of the stench of chlorine and had experienced skin irratations from Eidsvold's water.
Resident Kinta Gitsham claimed the water was so harmful that her eldest son refused to shower.
"We originally had a filter for our home, however during that week it had passed its used by date and stopped working,” Ms Gitsham said.
"What would happen is you'd have a shower at night, wake up in the morning and your skin smelt like you had just gotten out of a pool.”
Karen Bolanac had experienced this discomfort as well, especially after she had washed her clothes.
"Even my fresh clothes off the line would make my skin itch,” Ms Bolanac said.
"After a while I thought this was getting a bit extreme, to the point where I was getting distressed about the itching and burning.”
Chris de Lacy said she originally had no idea what it was, coming out with a rash on her side and her stomach.
"You'd have to cover yourself in moisturiser just to stop it from driving you frantic.”
Ms De Lacy went to her local GP about the mysterious ailment, due to the severity of her condition.
"If it's doing that to your outsides, what is it doing to your insides?”
North Burnett Regional Council spokesperson Jason Erbacher stated however that "there were no exceedance of water quality health values during the month of September”.
He went on to say that council water is "monitored continuously through on-line analysers” which alert the council of any water quality issues.