REVEALED: 13 cafes and shops inside new Coast hospital
SAY goodbye to boring hospital food, the new Sunshine Coast University Hospital has plenty of cafes and eateries.
A handful of cafes have been open opposite the hospital for close to a year - including Good Bean Espresso and The Coffee Club.
But now three are operating inside the new hospital and handful of others will be up and running by the end of the month.
Here's your guide to eating, drinking and shopping at SCUH's "Hospital Street" and throughout the facility:
1. Alice and George - Savoury and sweet snacks, jaffles and coffee (now open).
2. Kitchen - Canteen-style hot and cold food, including cooked to order food (now open).
3. Merlo - Coffee, Italian pastries, yogurts, sandwiches, fresh salads (now open).
4. Boost - Largest fresh juice chain in Australia. Will also be serving protein pots, salads, wraps and sandwiches (expected to open March 14).
5. Sushi Sushi - Australia's largest sushi provider. Full range of sushi and freshly made hot food (expected to open March 14).
6. Cibo Espresso - Panini, salads, desserts, gelato and coffee (expected to open March 14).
7. Laneway - Located on the level 1 public route from the main car park, Laneway will provide coffee, hot and cold food, freshly made salads and wraps for people on their way in and out (expected to open March 21).
8. Food Lab - Located in the staff amenities area, this outlet provides snacks, sandwiches, wraps, coffee and cold drinks (expected to open March 21).
9. Epicure Kitchen Café - A la carte as well as grab'n'go offers (expected to open March 28).
10. Ezymart - A convenience store with health and beauty products, drinks, magazines, confectionery, milk, sandwiches etc (expected to open March 28).
11. Ivy Lane - Single flowers, bouquets, baskets, gifts, baby gifts, candles, soft toys, cards, chocolates (expected to open April 2017).
*Contracts for two tenancies are being finalised.
Source: Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service statement dated February