Building burnt to a crisp near Kingaroy
SIX fire crews were on scene at a home on the outskirts of Kingaroy, after disposed fire-place ashes may have caused the families garage-shed to light on fire.
Fire fighter, and acting inspector, Bruce Grower was on scene and said the fire was most likely attributed to ashes from a fire being tossed out into grass nearby.
"It's then caught on to the grass and grown up through the garden," he said.
"The fire then got into the shed.
"There were two cars in the shed along with a mower and other stuff."
A Queensland Fire Emergency Media spokes man said fire crew were called at 3.35pm about the fire on Couchmans Rd.
"There were three fire rescue trucks, three rural fire trucks, and two senior officer vehicles on scene," he said.
Fortunately no one was hurt, and the fire was put out by the crew before it could spread to the home or elsewhere.
Mr Grower said this unfortunate incident could serve as a safety lesson.
"There is a warning here," he said.
"Make sure you have safe disposal of fire-place ashes.
"Put them in a steel bucket and wet them down first."