SEVERE storms are expected to hit the South Burnett this afternoon.
The Bureau of Meteorology warned at 3:35 pm a very dangerous thunderstorm was detected on the weather radar west of Kilcoy.
This thunderstorm is moving towards the northeast.
Other severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the area north of Kingaroy.
They are forecast to affect the area northeast of Kingaroy and Cherbourg by 4:05 pm.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 4:35 pm.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.