Severe storm warning issued for South Burnett
SOUTH Burnett residents are warned to prepare for damaging winds and large hail stones today.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for Kingaroy.
The bureau issues warnings when the storms are expected to produce damaging wind gusts of more than 90km/h and large hail stones with a diameter greater than 2cm.
The warning also applies to Toowoomba, Dalby, Gatton, Ipswich, Caboolture, Jimboomba and Brisbane.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.