Severe thunderstorm warning for South and North Burnett
FRIDAY, 10PM: The Bureau of Meteorology still has a broad state-based thunderstorm warning for the North and South Burnett.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The next warning is due to be issued by 10.45pm.
FRIDAY, 9.30PM: THE Bureau of Meteorology has predicted severe thunderstorms will lash the South and North Burnett over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected by damaging winds and heavy rainfall include Kingaroy, Biloela, Boonah, Monto and Baralaba.
BoM issued the warning at 8.56pm on Friday and will issue another by 12am Saturday.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Darling Downs and Granite Belt district and the warning for this district is cancelled.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.