Severe thunderstorm warning issued for South Burnett
THE Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for parts of the South Burnett.
They are forecast to affect the area west of Toogoolawah and the area southwest of Kingaroy by 7:55 pm and the area north of Toowoomba and the area south of Kingaroy by 8:25 pm.
Damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 8:25 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219.
The Bureau and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.