String of drug-drivers caught in police crackdown
A POLICE crackdown on driver behaviour in the region has led to 14 South Burnett residents facing drug-driving charges.
Senior Sergeant David Tierney said police were executing Operation Romeo Tropical in response to a spate of fatalities on the region's roads, and officers from the Brisbane-based Road Policing Unit had been conducting random drug tests across the South Burnett.
- A 24-year-old Kingaroy man will face the magistrate on August 5 after testing positive to a roadside drug test. He was driving a Ford station wagon on Alford St at 5.45pm on Monday, June 24.
- A 58-year-old Kingaroy woman tested positive to a roadside drug test on Alford St at 5.45pm on June 24 and will appear in court on August 5.
- For testing positive while driving a Holden sedan on Williams St at 9am on June 26, a 23-year-old Runnymede man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court.
- Police intercepted a 28-year-old Inverlaw man who returned a positive test while driving a Toyota ute on Haly St at 10.55am on June 26.
- A 32-year-old Nanango woman was intercepted driving a Holden station wagon on the Bunya Highway at Memerambi on June 26 and returned a positive test.
- For a positive test on Youngman St at 10.15am on Saturday, June 29, a 45-year-old Kingaroy man will face the magistrate.
- A 47-year-old Kingaroy woman will face the magistrate on September 9 after she was intercepted by police on Kingaroy St.
- A 25-year-old Kingaroy man returned a positive sample on Kingaroy St at 11.55am on Saturday, June 29.
- A 39-year-old Murgon man will face the magistrate on August 6 after he tested positive for drugs while driving on Avoca St at 1.15pm on June 29.
- Police intercepted a 27-year-old Kingaroy man driving a Toyota Hatchback on Youngman St at 3.05pm on June 29 and he returned a positive sample.
- Police intercepted a 38-year-old Kingaroy man on First Ave and he tested positive at 4pm on June 29.
- A 33-year-old Wattle Camp man will face the Murgon magistrate for testing positive when driving a Mitsubishi ute on Haly St at 5.15pm on June 29.
- For testing positive when driving a Holden ute on Youngman St, a 35-year-old Nanango man will face Kingaroy Magistrates Court on September 9.
- A 38-year-old Kingaroy woman tested positive to a roadside drug test on Jarrah St at 1.45pm on June 30.