Toowoomba man fighting for life after kitchen fire

BREAKING: A Toowoomba man is fighting for life in a Brisbane hospital after a fire at a Rangeville home yesterday.

Emergency services were called to the Perth St home about 4.20pm Sunday after a fire broke out in the kitchen area.

It's believed woodchips in an electric oven caught alight, engulfing the home in smoke and causing a pot to catch alight.

The man and another occupant of the home extinguished the fire before Queensland Fire and Emergency Services arrived on scene.

Paramedics treated the two occupants at the scene for smoke inhalation before the man in his 50s was rushed to Toowoomba Hospital in a critical condition.

Police said the man was later airlifted to a Brisbane hospital where he remains on life support in a medically induced coma.

The fire is not being treated as suspicious.

Topics:  queensland ambulance service queensland fire and emergency services rangeville toowoomba toowoomba police

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

MAP: Where Queen's Baton Relay will travel in Kingaroy

Retired cyclist Anna Meares, right, receives the Commonwealth Games relay baton from Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, left,  at the launch of the relay at Buckingham Palace in  London on Monday.  The XXI Commonwealth Games are  being held on the Gold Coast in Australia in 2018.

Find out more about celebrations when Baton comes to town

$1 million to tackle Burnett homelessness

Photo showing a boy wearing a grey and blue hoodie, standing in front of a colourful blurred graffiti background.

Money will go to South Burnett CTC

Local Partners