A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.
A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.

UPDATE: Baby unharmed after ingesting poisonous liquid

UPDATE, 2.40pm: The one-year-old infant who reportedly consumed a small amount of fuel at his family home has not sustained any serious injuries.

Paramedics were first called to the Boronia Close address around 1.30pm.

The little boy was assessed on scene, with no further treatment required.

INITIAL, 1.30pm: Emergency services are responding to a one-year-old child who has reportedly ingested a small amount of fuel.

It is understood the male infant swallowed the chemical around 1.20pm at a Norman Gardens home.

Early reports suggest the child came across the poisonous liquid inside a dog tin at the family home.

He then reportedly suffered a choking incident in the minutes after.

QAS are currently en route.

More to come.


VIDEO: Injured bushwalker flown to safety after fall

Premium Content VIDEO: Injured bushwalker flown to safety after fall

AN ELDERLY woman has been flown to safety after an afternoon bushwalk went terribly...

NAMED: 17 Burnett drivers guilty of drug or drink driving

Premium Content NAMED: 17 Burnett drivers guilty of drug or drink driving

These are the names of 17 South Burnett residents who got behind the wheel under...

10 major headlines you might have missed over the past week

10 major headlines you might have missed over the past week

THAT’S A WRAP: It’s been a chaotic week in the South Burnett, so we’ve compiled a...