What's on in the South Burnett in December
IN THE month leading up to Christmas, the South Burnett has many ways to celebrate this festive time of year.
Saturday December 1
- Kicking off summer is the Goomeri Christmas Carnival.
- A Christmas Dance will also be on this night at the Inverlaw Hall on Burrandowan Rd, about 20km from Kingaroy. The dance will kick off at 8pm and go late into the evening. Music will be by Mystique and admission fees are $10 for adults and $5 for high school students.
Sunday December 2
- Kingaroy's annual Community Christmas Carols will be at the Kingaroy Town Hall Forecourt. This is in Glendon Street and will go from 2pm to around 5pm. The event is BYO blankets, cushions, and chairs. However, there will be a selection of food stalls available on the afternoon. There will be performances by local orchestras and choirs. The Community Christmas Carols are a free, family-friendly event. Everyone is welcome.
- The Nanango Community Christmas Carols and Nanango Christmas Race Meeting will also be on.
Friday December 7
- The Nanango Blue Light Christmas Party is on.
Saturday December 8
- There will be a special comedic performance at the Kingaroy Town Hall. Women Like Us is by comedians Mandy Nolan and Ellen Briggs, and will go from 8pm to 10pm. Doors open at 7pm. Tickets for the show are $35 and can be purchased at the Kingaroy Newsagency.
- The Boondooma Community Christmas Gathering and the Kilkivan Community Christmas Carnival are also on.
Sunday December 9
- Wesleyan Church Free Community Lunch in Nanango
- Kumbia Christmas Carnival are on.
Wednesday December 12
- Wondai is hosting their annual Community Christmas Carols.
Thursday December 13
- The Kingaroy Christmas Carnival is on.
- Cherbourg also has their Community Christmas Carols and fireworks display this Thursday evening.
Friday December 14
- The annual Murgon Christmas Fair is on. This year the Christmas Fair will be held on Lamb St.
- The Hivesville Christmas Carnival and Yarraman Community Christmas Carols will also be on this Friday.
Saturday December 15
- The Proston Christmas Carnival will be going ahead.
Sunday December 16
- The annual Inverlaw Hall Get Together takes place. The committee is hosting the get together at the hall on Burrandowan Rd, about 20km outside of Kingaroy. The evening will kick off at 8pm. This night is put on for everyone who has supported the hall over the past year.
- The annual Blackbutt Community Christmas Carols will also be on this Sunday afternoon/evening.
Monday December 17
- Proston will be hosting their annual Community Christmas Carols.
Thursday December 20
- The Heritage Nanango Christmas Carnival will be on.
Monday December 24
- To celebrate Christmas Eve Wondai is having their annual Christmas Carnival.
Tuesday December 25
- Over Christmas Day most local churches will be hosting a Christmas service. Otherwise this is a day best enjoyed with family and loved ones.
Monday December 31
- Goomeri is having their annual New Years Eve Family Rodeo.