Terms and Conditions
South Burnett Times – Local Tradies Go Digital Competition (‘promotion’)
- The Promoter is South Burnett Times Pty Ltd, of 174 - 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy Queensland 4610. (ABN 13 009 710 098). Telephone number: 07 4162 9743.
- Information on the Go Digital Advertising and the competition including prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participants must be a registered tradesperson running an ABN registered business to be eligible.
- Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to all tradespeople (“participant”) within the South Burnett Times region, aged 18 years and over.
- Any participant may opt out of the Competition component of the Local Tradies Go Digital campaign by contacting the Promoter in writing at the address shown at Clause 1.
- By purchasing an advertisement in the Local Tradies Go Digital promotion, the participant accepts these Terms and Conditions and the APN Newspaper Pty Ltd Advertising Terms and Conditions located at http://www.apnarm.com.au/advertising-terms
Purchase a Package
- To purchase Go Digital advertising, participants must contact their Advertising Sales Representative, complete the details on the Go Digital advertising booking form to indicate their choice of package and submit this form to the Advertising Sales Representative for processing before the end of the booking period.
- Bookings for each of the campaigns open and close on the following dates. The booking form to secure the advertising must be submitted prior to 5:00pm AEST on the dates shown:
- Campaign 1: Monday February 5, 2018 to 5:00pm Friday February 16, 2018;
- Campaign 2: Monday May 28, 2018 to 5:00pm Friday June 1, 2018;
- Campaign 3: Monday September 10, 2018 to 5:00pm Friday September 14, 2018
Any booking forms not submitted within the booking period will be deemed invalid and will not be entered in the Go Digital Competition.
- Participants who have purchased a Go Digital Advertisement receive a free entry to the Local Tradies Go Digital Competition.
Competition Promotion Period
- The Go Digital Competition commences on the following dates for each of the three campaigns in 2018:
- Campaign 1: Monday February 26, 2018;
- Campaign 2: Monday June 11, 2018;
- Campaign 3: Monday September 24, 2018.
- All participants shall have their advertising billed to their normal business account.
- The Local Tradies Go Digital Advertising is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The Local Tradies Go Digital advertising components and inclusions cannot be exchanged, offered as prizes in a competition or part of another advertising package, promotion or passed to any third party outside the participant’s business without express permission from South Burnett Times Pty Ltd.
- Advertisements must run throughout the 13-week promotion period of each campaign promotion period.
- Advertisements cannot be banked and must be booked throughout the booking period.
- It is the responsibility of any participant to ensure the advertising purchased within the Advertising Booking Period has been utilised.
- Any advertising not used in the Advertising Booking Period will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed in cash, credit to another booking, nor can it be carried forward to another campaign.
- A participant in the Local Tradies Go Digital advertising may cancel their advertising by notifying their Advertising Sales Representative, however, there will be no refund on advertising already placed.
- Participants who cancel their advertising at any time throughout the promotion period and whether fully or partially paid, will not be eligible to continue to participate in the Local Tradies Go Digital Competition.
- Cancellations received after all advertising has been exhausted by the participants will incur the full cost of participating and no refund will be forthcoming.
- The Promoter has the right to refuse any advertising booking.
- Local Tradies Go Digital advertising participants will receive the following each week for 13 weeks:
- A 6x2 advertisement in Tuesday’s classified section of the South Burnett Times, RRP $50.00 incl. of GST;
- One banner advertisement on the South Burnett Times seven televisions located throughout the region at the following locations:
- Yarraman IGA
- Nanango Newsagency
- Kingaroy Supa IGA & Robinsons News
- Wondai Newsagency
- Murgon Newsagency
- Free entry in the Local Tradies Go Digital Competition;
- The cost of the advertising each week is $25.00 (inclusive of GST);
- The total maximum cost of the Go Digital advertising is $325.00 (incl. of GST)
- Advertising sizes and prices are fixed and cannot be varied.
- One (1) participating business from each campaign will be selected by random draw as the overall winner of that Campaign. The winner of each campaign will win:
- One 15 to 30 second TV Commercial for one month across South Burnett Times’ seven TVs in the region (see Clause 23 for locations);
- Prize winners must collect their prize from the South Burnett Times office, 174 – 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy Qld, seven (7) days from the draw date by 5:00pm AEST: (Campaign 1 – Thursday May 31, 2018; Campaign 2 – Thursday September 13, 2018. Campaign 3 – Thursday December 28, 2018);
- Prizes that remain uncollected will be placed in an uncollected prize redraw (see Clause 33).
- Recommended retail price of the prize is $450.00 (incl. of GST).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize is $450.00 (incl. of GST).
- The winners must use their prize within 3 months of their draw.
- Any taxes which may be payable because of any participant purchasing or winning an Advertising Package is the sole responsibility of that participant.
- Individual participants should seek advice from a suitably qualified tax professional about the applicable tax information for their business.
- One (1) winner from each campaign will be drawn via random draw at the South Burnett office, 174 – 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy, Queensland 4610 at 10:00am AEST on the following dates:
- Campaign 1 – Friday May 25, 2018.
- Campaign 2 – Friday September 7, 2018;
- Campaign 3 – Friday December 20, 2018.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to about the competition winner or any other decisions the Promoter may make about the competition.
- The winners will be contacted by telephone. The winners’ details will be published in the South Burnett Times after each campaign on the following dates:
- Tuesday May 29, 2018;
- Tuesday September 11, 2018; and
- Tuesday December 21, 2018.
- The prize will only be awarded to the participating business owner who was issued with free entry and whose name is recorded for free entry purposes.
- Subject to State Regulation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at the South Burnett Times, 174 – 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy Qld at 10:00am AEST for each campaign on:
Friday June 1, 2018; Friday September 14, 2018 and Friday December 29, 2018. Winner/s of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone immediately after the draw. The winner’s details will be published in the South Burnett Times within 14 days of the redraw.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
a) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter and sponsors in far as they are directly associated with this competition;
b) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether they live in the same household or not);
c) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, unauthorised access or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants (where applicable). If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter publications or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by a participant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- All entries become the property of The Promoter (excluding any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries may be entered in a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
- The Promoter collects information about a participant, including for example their name and contact details which they provide when registering or using their services as well as information from data houses, social media services, our affiliates and other entities they deal or interact with for example by using their services.
- We may disclose their information to our related companies, including those located outside Australia. Any of us may contact a participant for those purposes (including by email and SMS) at any time. We may also disclose your information to our service and content providers, including those located outside Australia. If they do not provide us with requested information we may not be able to provide them with the goods and services that they require.
- We may disclose their personal information to authorities if they are a prize winner or otherwise as required by law.