Terms and Conditions
Hop Local Shop Local Competition (‘promotion’)
- The Promoter is South Burnett Times Pty Ltd (‘promoter’) of 174 - 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy Queensland 4610. ABN 13 009 710 098. Telephone number: 07 4162 9743.
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- By entering the competition, entrants (or parent/guardian) give their consent for their information to be used for the purposes of determining the outcome of the competition. If an entrant does not wish for the Promoter to use their information in this way, they should not enter the competition.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all residents of Queensland residing in the Burnett region; except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies.
- Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- Entrants who are aged under 18 years must obtain the prior permission of their parent or legal guardian to be able to enter. The Promoter may require any such entrant’s parent or legal guardian to sign a release at the Promoter’s discretion in which the parent or legal guardian accepts responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release will include the parent or legal guardian’s full name and signature. Failure to agree to the release and provide these details will invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
- The release will include the parent or legal guardian’s full name and signature. Failure to agree to the release and provide these details will invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. If a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
- The competition commences on Tuesday February 27, 2018 and concludes Monday April 2, 2018 at 5:00pm AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close dates and times.
- The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry is received by the Promoter and not the time the entrant posted or delivered the entry.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to enter
- The details of how to enter the competition are set out in the South Burnett Times, cover dates Tuesday February 27, 2018 and Tuesday March 6, 13 and 20, 2018
- Entrants must collect and complete an original entry form and collect the blank jigsaw puzzle in the first edition of the newspaper in the promotion. Entrants must collect all four (4) puzzle pieces, located in the South Burnett Times (refer Clause 13), place each puzzle piece on the blank puzzle, then place the entry and puzzle in an envelope marked: South Burnett Times – ‘Hop Local Shop Local Competition’; then:
- Send to: PO Box 312, Kingaroy Qld 4610; or
- Deliver to: 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy Qld 4610.
- Participants will be required to submit their personal details including, but not limited to, full name, address, post code and telephone number. Each entry form must be sent separately with one jigsaw puzzle and original entry form; per envelope.
- Original entry forms are valid only and no other form of entry form will be accepted.
- Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
- Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
- An entrant’s entry must not include:
- any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
- any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
- any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and conditions;
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
- Entrants may enter as many times as they like; however, only one prize will be awarded per person.
Draw and Notification of winner
- The winner will be the first valid entry chosen via random draw who has submitted a valid entry as per these terms and conditions, drawn by South Burnett Times office, 174 – 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy Qld 4610 at 10:00am AEST on Tuesday April 3, 2018.
- If any draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter in to correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes about the Promotion.
- The winner will be notified by telephone or email within two days of the draw. Winner of prizes will be published in the South Burnett Times on Friday April 6, 2018.
- Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter (see Clause 1).
- Subject to State Regulation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at the South Burnett Times, 174 – 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy Qld 4610 on Wednesday April 18, 2018 at 10:00am AEST. The winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone immediately after the draw. The winner’s details will be published in the South Burnett Times within 14 days of the draw.
Prize on offer
- Individual prize value is up to 180.00 (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to $180.00 (including GST) as at commencement of the competition. One (1) winner will receive:
- A Family Pass to the Nanango Go-Kart Hire (five tickets);
- The Prize is valid for use for three months from the draw date;
- The prize must be collected by 5:00pm AEST Tuesday April 17, 2018 or prize will be placed in an uncollected prize redraw (see clause 29);
- The winner must collect their prize from the South Burnett Times by 4:00pm AEST Tuesday April 17, 2018;
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise because of accepting the prize.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. If an entrant under 18 years of age wins a prize, then their parent or guardian must sign the legal release referred to in this clause on the minor’s behalf.
- All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or another organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with accessing the promotional website. Access to that site is dependent on the Internet service provider.
- All entries must be sent by post or delivered to the address set out in these terms and conditions. Entries that contain any objects not specified in these term and conditions will be deemed invalid and will not be accepted. The Promoter and its agents take no responsibility whatsoever for such entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter recommends that entrants submit entries using a DL-sized envelope. Entries sent by registered mail may not be accepted due to increased sorting, handling and storage required by Australia Post. Entrants should write on the envelope their full name and address and the name of the competition they are entering to assist the processing of entries.
- Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third-party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants (where specified). If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
- We collect and use that information to provide you with our goods and services and to promote and improve our goods and services. We may also share your information with our related companies and any of us may be in contact for those purposes (including email and SMS).
- Where you have entered a competition, we may disclose your personal information to authorities if you are a prize winner or otherwise required by law.
- Further information on how we handle personal information, how you can complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, how we deal with a complaint of that nature, how you can access or seek correction of your personal information and our contact details can be located at www.apnarm.com.au/privacy